Java Development Advantages have never been easier to grasp. With the help of cutting-edge technology, businesses, especially big corporations, can now take full advantage of Java and propel themselves to success. More information awaits your discovery below; read on to keep yourselves in the loop!
- 1) Java’s influence on the market
- 2) Apps/projects that require Java
- 3) Why we need an outsourced Java team
- 4) Java Development Advantages
- 5) Java’s Biggest Rival
- 6) Why Hire Experts From HDWEBSOFT
- 7) Related posts
Java’s influence on the market
What is Java?
Java is a programming language which was designed to be Class-Based and object-oriented as well as a computing platform by Sun Microsystems in 1995.
Java enables the development of portable, high-performance applications for the widest range possible, thus enabling the fundamental aspects of accessibility and cross-platform interaction. By making applications available across multiple environments, businesses, especially corporations, can provide more services, improve productivity, communication, and collaboration. In addition, it dramatically reduces the ownership cost of enterprise and consumer applications.
Java has become one of the most valuable tools to developers by allowing them to:
- Develop software on one platform and run it on basically any other platform.
- Create programs within a web browser and available web services.
- Develop applications for HTML forms processing, online forums, stores, polls and many more.
- Combine services designed using Java to create highly customizable applications or services.
- Develop efficient apps for mobile phones, remote processors, wireless modules, sensors, gateways, consumer products, and any electronic devices.
Java is often hailed as the pillar of the IT industry for a number of reasons. Many would benefit greatly from it; however, perhaps large companies with a solid IT platform will yield the most from Java. Take a look at some impressive numbers of Java:
- 97% of Enterprise Desktops run Java.
- 89% of Desktop Computers in the U.S. run Java.
- 9 million Java Developers worldwide.
- Java continues to be the most widely used development platform.
- Approximately 3 billion mobile phones run Java.
- 100% of Blu-ray Disc Players ship with Java.
- There are currently over 5 billion Java Cards in use.
- More than 125 million TV devices run Java.
- 5 of the Top 5 Original Equipment Manufacturers Ship Java ME.
- Java is the number 1 choice for a myriad of developers.
Java’s market share
Apps/projects that require Java
Since Java makes the development process enjoyable, smoothens distribution issues, and eases the hassle of frequently transferring between platforms, developers tend to use Java in typical back-end development projects – as a server-side language. Java is most suitable for the following categories:
- Desktop graphical user interface (GUI) applications
- Applications for Mobile Devices
- Applications in the Enterprise and Scientific
- Web-based applications
- Embedded Systems
- Big Data Technologies are becoming more popular
- Applications that run on a distributed network
- Applications that run on the cloud
- Software Development Instruments (SDI)
- Apps for Playing Games
Java Mobile Devices Applications
Java is the programming language of choice for most mobile app developers. It is also compatible with Kotlin and Android Studio, which are two popular application development tools. As a result, it has become a mainstay in the development of some famous global mobile applications:
Spotify: The world’s most favorite music player with an aesthetically pleasing interface and a vast platform for music. Spotify members may access millions of tracks and record labels from across the world with just a smartphone or any Internet-connected devices.
Twitter: A popular social networking and micro-blogging service application developed in America. Currently, Twitter has more than 330 million members and 145 million users, according to data from March 2022.
Java Web-based Applications
Because of Java Development Advantages, it has become a popular choice for web developers since its introduction. Java is also used in e-commerce web applications, which are often created with open-source eCommerce platforms such as:
Broadleaf: An excellent fit for cloud-based systems because it expands via the use of microservices. Thanks to its flexibility, a host of websites, currencies, channels, languages, and tenants may all be used in the same e-commerce.
Magnolia: A Java-based content management system (CMS) and one of the best open-source stacks available to Java developers. It allows several options for content storage and administration, and features APIs that can recycle content throughout many systems.
Apps for Java GUI Desktop
APIs such as AWT, Swing, and JavaFX are the building blocks of Java GUI desktop applications. AWT (Abstract Windowing Toolkit) is a Java interface used to build window-based applications.
Acrobat Reader: Allows PDF documents to be viewed, printed, signed, and remarked on with ease. In addition, users can also edit and save new text and graphics in PDF files.
ThinkFree: A free alternative to Microsoft Office. With an impressive range of desktop applications, users can freely express their creativity, thus improving their effectiveness.
Why we need an outsourced Java team
Software outsourcing is a reliable and productive service and most businesses would benefit greatly from Outsourcing Java Development because of the advantages it would bring. It is wise to consider seeking an outsourcing service from an Offshore Software Development Company. For example, HDWEBSOFT takes pride in housing many dedicated Java experts who possess the expertise and skills needed for the job. They will ensure that your project meets your business needs and any specific requirements you may have.
Now if you have decided to go for Java development outsourcing services, the following benefits should be taken into consideration:
- Cut costs on infrastructure, experience, tools, or complicated development processes.
- Enjoy an increase in productivity as you can hire a Java outsourcing company and focus on other pressing matters while still reaping the benefits.
- Save time and money because the recruitment phase is unnecessary since a team of Java engineers is readily available from the software outsourcing development company that you hire.
- Delegate the monitor process to your software partner or take complete control of the process.
- Rest assured that enhanced communication is within your grasp and it will allow you to reach the dev team for any query you might have.
Java Development Advantages
If you want to hire a Java outsourcing company to fully reap the benefits it offers, you need to know what is in store. Below you will find the Java Development Advantages available when outsourcing.
The total expenses would be more reasonable to outsource a Java project than to assemble a full-time Java in-house team. As a result, we can allocate that resource to more pressing matters.
There is virtually no cost to cover when it comes to infrastructure and equipment.
Quality is easily maintained since the hired Java engineers know how to utilize a wide range of up-to-date Java-related tools and solutions. Therefore, this serves to help your project to flourish and satisfy end-users better.
Skilled Java developers will wholly take care of your project and concentrate on other responsibilities; consequently, you can save a lot of time and effort for the project and direct them to the core functions of the company.
Last but not least, customer service and enhanced communication are available at all times when you outsource a Java development project. In other words, the dev team from the Java development company you choose will always be present to serve you, depending on the terms of the contract.
Java’s Biggest Rival
.NET is currently the biggest competitor of Java and it is also an open-source, cross-platform software environment for development. However, the most notable difference between them is that .NET belonged to Microsoft, and the technology ran only on Windows. Since then, Microsoft has radically changed its approach to make .NET framework open-source and not require licensing costs. The platform allows you to develop any application, whether it is an enterprise-grade web application, desktop or mobile software, a game project, an IoT service, or even an AI solution using ASP.NET. This framework supports languages like C#, C++, F#, etc., and follows the object-oriented model. In addition, .NET contains the Common Language Runtime, which runs the compiled source code. Most of the IDEs and tools are provided by the Microsoft Developer Network.
So which is better?
Neither. While the approaches used by Java and .NET are somewhat different, they have a common goal: Building scalable enterprise solutions and web/desktop apps. Therefore, there is no right or wrong way to go about the choice of programming language. It all depends on your needs/requirements, project specifics, and the availability of expertise (for a business owner looking to hire developers). It is advisable that we should combine them with other technologies such as RoR, Python and Node.js to create a high-functioning and versatile environment for development.
Why Hire Experts From HDWEBSOFT
Custom Software Development has become increasingly popular as more companies, especially large corporations, opt for digital transformation. This allows access to cutting-edge technology solutions to resolve issues in their business. One such approach is to implement a DevOps Service to fully utilize the capacity of your resources.
HDWEBSOFT is a leading custom software development located in Vietnam and has over a decade of experience in developing custom software solutions. HDWEBSOFT is also home to more than a hundred highly-skilled and experienced software engineers and they are readily available to help you meet business goals. Contact us today to get the best deals!