This was developed from years of researching, interviewing, and collaborating with patients around the world, our disease-specific apps are designed to improve patients’ knowledge, grow their self-confidence, support their needs and concerns, and facilitate the organization and coordination of their healthcare information.
- Newsfeed: The Newsfeed delivers a stream of curated information from the Internet directly to patients. Our content is reviewed and vetted by leading experts to guarantee its trustworthiness.
- Community Chat: People need to connect with each other. Patients can meet and talk on our moderated Community Chat—a safe space for members to get to know fellow patients and caregivers.
- Curated Link Library: The Link Unit Library gives you access to hundreds of professionally vetted links to credible information about disease treatments and lifestyle considerations, including blogs, podcasts, videos, and many more.
- Patient One-Sheet: The Patient One-Sheet serves as a single-page, a printable document that allows patients to store all of their information in one place—diagnoses, doctors, insurance details, medications, and other key data.
- Mobile App: In order to respond to the increasing demand for accessing easily and personalizing, the platform offers all the features of our web-based platforms in mobile apps available for iOS and Android devices.
- Integrated Resources: Disease-based information is the only part of the equation. On our easily accessible resource pages, we provide relevant, up-to-date information on emotional, financial, and caregiver support.
- We have not started this project from scratch. When we took it, it was really a disaster with an over-needs-designed architecture but very bad implementations and lack of documentation.
- We need to ensure HiPAA compliance.
- Video post was really interesting, but we needed to use AWS Lambda for data processing to ensure video format in both iOS, Android and Web.
Learn more about our AWS Lambda & Serverless Development.
- Creating Communities and Raising Disease Awareness: If you’re looking for something to support patients with a particular diagnosis, the platform owner offers a proven recipe for building and maintaining a vibrant online community composed of patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals. Our active collaboration with other patient advocates, in conjunction with accessible, free platforms with shareable content, ensures that we are able to measurably increase disease awareness on a broad scale.
- Informing, Connecting, and Empowering Patients: Platform patients demonstrate a high level of growth in their knowledge base, self-confidence, and mental health. Over a long period of time, our patients demonstrate a greater willingness and capacity to ask the right questions and engage in meaningful decision-making with their care team.
- Providing Valuable and Real-World Insights into Patient Experiences: We are able to provide our commercial supporters with valuable care-related insights from patients through customized surveys, deep-diving focus groups, and analyze details of our platform’s utilization metrics. Our quick turn-around time enables partners to get quick, useful answers from a meaningful patient data set.
- Recruiting Patients for Clinical Trials: Roughly 60% of our patients tell us they would consider participating in a clinical trial. The platform works efficiently with our commercial partners to identify and recruit trial candidates and facilitate their participation.