This was developed from years of researching, interviewing, and collaborating with patients around the world, our disease-specific apps are designed to improve patients’ knowledge, grow their self-confidence, support their needs and concerns, and facilitate the organization and coordination of their healthcare information.
Learn more about our healthcare software development industry.
- Newsfeed: The Newsfeed delivers a stream of curated information from the Internet directly to patients. Our content is reviewed and vetted by leading experts to guarantee its trustworthiness.
- Community Chat: People need to connect with each other. Patients can meet and talk on our moderated Community Chat—a safe space for members to get to know fellow patients and caregivers.
- Curated Link Library: The Link Unit Library gives you access to hundreds of professionally vetted links to credible information about disease treatments and lifestyle considerations, including blogs, podcasts, videos, and many more.
- Patient One-Sheet: The Patient One-Sheet serves as a single-page, printable document that allows patients to store all of their information in one place—diagnoses, doctors, insurance details, medications, and other vital data.
- Mobile App: In order to respond to the increasing demand for accessing easily and personalizing, the platform offers all the features of our web-based platforms in mobile apps available for iOS and Android devices.
- Integrated Resources: Disease-based information is the only part of the equation. On our easily accessible resource pages, we provide relevant, up-to-date information on emotional, financial, and caregiver support.
Here is the list of technologies that have been used within this project. It includes both legacy and modern ones.
- CakePHP: An open-source PHP framework for developing web applications. Learn more about our high capacity for PHP development.
- WordPress: A content management system (CMS) that allows users to create and manage a website or blog without having to know how to code. In this project, we used WordPress for content management (a.k.a the administration area) and used a high-performance Vue + Angular application to render the rich frontend. Learn more about our high capacity of WordPress development.
- Java: A general-purpose programming language that is used in a wide variety of applications, including web development, mobile development, and enterprise applications. Learn more about our Java development services.
- AWS Serverless: A cloud computing platform that allows developers to run code without having to manage servers. Get a consultation without fee about AWS cloud computing and software development using AWS Serverless.
- Data Analysis: The process of collecting, cleaning, and analyzing data to extract insights. Learn more about our data analysis expertise.
- White-label: A business practice in which a company allows another company to use its brand, products, or services under its own name. Learn more about our white-label software development expertise.
- We have not started this project from scratch. When we took it, it was really a disaster with an over-needs-designed architecture but very bad implementations and a lack of documentation.
- We need to ensure HIPAA compliance.
- The video post was fascinating, but we needed to use AWS Lambda for data processing to ensure video format for all platforms: iOS, Android, and Web.
Learn more about our AWS Lambda & Software Development Using Serverless.
- Creating Communities and Raising Disease Awareness: If you’re looking for something to support patients with a particular diagnosis, the platform owner offers a proven recipe for building and maintaining a vibrant online community composed of patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals. Our active collaboration with other patient advocates, in conjunction with accessible, free platforms with shareable content, ensures that we are able to measurably increase disease awareness on a broad scale.
- Informing, Connecting, and Empowering Patients: Platform patients demonstrate a high level of growth in their knowledge base, self-confidence, and mental health. Over a long period of time, our patients demonstrate a greater willingness and capacity to ask the right questions and engage in meaningful decision-making with their care team.
- Providing Valuable and Real-world Insights into Patient Experiences: We are able to provide our commercial supporters with valuable care-related insights from patients through customized surveys, deep-diving focus groups, and analysis of details of our platform’s utilization metrics. Our quick turn-around time enables partners to get fast, useful answers from a meaningful patient data set.
- Recruiting Patients for Clinical Trials: Roughly 60% of our patients tell us they would consider participating in a clinical trial. The platform works efficiently with our commercial partners to identify and recruit trial candidates and facilitate their participation.
This project has demonstrated HDWEBSOFT’s ability to successfully transfer projects with legacy technologies, modernize legacy applications, and maximize the power of each technology. These skills make us compatible with the software outsourcing industry in Vietnam.
Specifically, we were able to:
- Transfer a project that was based on outdated technologies to a new platform without any disruption to the business.
- Modernize a legacy application by migrating it to a cloud-based platform, which reduced the cost of maintenance and improved performance.
- Identify the best combination of technologies for a particular project and use them in their most powerful aspects, which resulted in a more efficient and scalable solution.
We are confident that our skills and experience in these areas can benefit businesses with reliable custom software development services. If you have a project that you need help with, please get in touch with us today.